Friday, October 12, 2012

Making a Dream Real

Well today I went to photograph a lovely family group in Walnut Creek. It was something Oma had been wanting for quite some time and I was honored to be the photographer of their choice. I left Stockton all packed up and ready for anything at 3pm, arrived at my location at 4:40 for a shoot at 5pm!

I start to unpack, I find Oma-but where is this lovely spot we have discussed and they sent me photographs of ? I haul equipment down a ramp, down some stairs, find a narrow walkway and set everything down. Wait, you mean this hill with little signs everywhere surrounded by rails is the destination? Oh oh. What to do? Well, Opa and I start to see if there are other desirable locations that Oma may like. Nope, this is the spot.

Now, if the lighting in this spot was bad, I would have said no, this spot won't work. The light here was perfect. Oma had her heart set on this location because she renewed her vows here with Opa 7 years ago.  Not in "this" spot, she wanted the memory of the beautiful wedding without it looking the same. This location had little waterfalls, but to my camera and from my vantage point, they were difficult to see.
Can't see any can you?

What to do? I don't want to break Oma's heart, and she hasn't liked any of the pretty choices Opa and I searched out, because this spot is the spot she has wanted for months. It's in her head, she already has the vision of the beautiful portrait with all of her loved ones. I can't say no to her. Allright, let's do this.


If you would like to view this larger, check it out on my facebook page Like me on Facebook!!

When you have a client like this, it is important to do what you can- if you can, to make the vision happen. I have some graphic art talent, so this is what I did. Photoshop and patience, viola. Removed some random hands, fixed shoes, fixed background "fixtures" and added Oma's waterfalls (yes, there really were little waterfalls and I took pictures of them to use them later).

Why do you call me instead of your "friend" with a camera? I can make the dream a reality, and your friend, probably couldn't have handled this. You need to know people skills, posing, photography, lighting, and graphic art to make something like this happen. The full package-and that is what I am all about!

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. -Colin Powell

Cameo Rose
Cameo Rose Photography

1 comment:

  1. Until you posted that side by side I would've never been able to tell that you had added and deleted things!!! Wow, truly the magic of photography and someone like you who has amazing talent!!! Thank you, Cameo!!!

    ReplyDelete